Tuesday, October 12, 2004

CCHCRC, Day 5. Hear Me Now.

What today's costume suggestion, care of Luke Ivn, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt is that when an amazon.com reviewer chooses ALL CAPS as his formatting style, he's probably got something supremely retarded to tell you.

BORING AND UNUSEFUL BOOK!, December 20, 2001
Reviewer: luke ivn - See all my reviews
I WAS SO DISSAPOINTED AFTER I READ BOOK BECUZ IT WAS BORING AND WASTED MY TIME.WHICH WAS TO TELL ME NONSENSE OF VAMPIRE BEING USED IN THAT BOOK SO I WOULDN'T LIKE THIS BOOK.

Get all the guys' attention, guys, when you wear your leather pants! It's costume suggestion Number FIVE!











The Vampire Lestat!


In the spirit of full disclosure, all of these amazon.com reviews were for Interview With a Vampire, but the suggestion was always Lestat, so go eat a D. I really wanted to lead with this review:

A good but odd book, May 9, 2003
Reviewer: A reader
Interview with a Vampire was a great book, proberly the best book of the Vampire Chronicle. However, I find it very disturbing that EVERY vampire in Rice's novel's is gay.

But I thought it would show my hand too early. Anyhow, here's some other reviews from sharp-eyed, trench-coated, Mountain Dew drinking critics.

Awe inspiring book!, January 26, 2004
Reviewer: N. Fares (San Diego, Ca. United States) - See all my reviews
A story about how that vampires are not just monstorous creatures who have no feeling what so ever for their victims but about how human that these immortals could be. That they, even when having to feed on humans, deal with these situations as an immortal passing through time. That they are indeed human themselves. Showing limitations, bias, hatred, and all emotions that are common in all human beings. A must read

first of the vampire chronicles books, March 12, 2003
Reviewer: Svetlana (Plano TX) - See all my reviews
I've read this book several years ago i believe, and i guess i can say this is a so-so book. Reason i'm rating this book 3 stars is because there are a lot of confusing parts and i had to re-read most of them to get some sense in what they meant. And her language was very confusing. Still it was so and so, not good not bad.LOuis becomes a vampire by Lestat and the two live together with Claudia.

Vampires can be dramatic, December 4, 2002
Reviewer: dan (California) - See all my reviews
Even though Interview With The Vampire was not my favorite creepy story, I still encourage people who like emotional drama books to read it. I was dissapointed about Louis and I actually felt sorry for him. It gets boring when you read about people like Louis. The one thing that I liked about the book was how well the author describes New Orleans a couple of centuries ago.

Unbelievable!, April 20, 2002
Reviewer: "twistedmidgetfreak" (A place) - See all my reviews
If I could only read one book for the rest of my life, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE would be it. I could never tire of these twists and turns and deep emotions described from a first-person POV. I LOVE this book! If you're looking for a book that really brings you to the mind of a vampire, or if you just assume all vampires are evil, or if you want to find out what kind of sadness a vampire experiences, this is the book for you. It is incredible and has such well-written description. Read it now!

Interview with the Vampire, December 31, 2003
Reviewer: khaled (tripoli , libyaa) - See all my reviews
i think that the book is the most wanderfol book
ilike this kind of book cos it mekmy live in anather world
this book discribe evry ting very good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home