Friday, July 08, 2005

Good Advice

I heard a new Lil' Kim song on the radio yesterday, I guess in celebration of her jail sentence or something. Anyhow, it's your typical "People be talkin' about me and they need to shut up!" song. Right at the end, though, there was a guy doing some spoken word, which is getting a little too common in contemporary race music if you ask me, but anyhow, he said: "Why don't you stop thinking about her and focus on yourself for a minute? Ain't that depressing? See, that's why no one talks about you. Cuz there ain't nothin' to talk about."

I thought that was funny, but it got really funny right at the end, during the fade out, when the DJ was already talking about some shitty body-shots party in some crappy club, when the Poetry Slammer in the song said "You should just punch yourself in the mouth."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home