Thursday, July 28, 2005

Some Babies Should Not Be Found

This morning, I saw the music video for Can I Live? by Nick Cannon (feat. Anthony Hamilton). Had I seen the video from the beginning, I would have heard the following lyrics:

Mommy I don't like this clinic
Hopefully you'll make the right decision
And don't go through with the Knife incision
But it's hard to make the right move
When you in high school


Since I didn't hear those lyrics, I didn't realize it was an anti-abortion screed until the part where all the unaborted fetuses are wearing shirts reading "Can I Live?" and forming a glorious sanctity-of-life chorus.

Nick Cannon hugs his mom at the end, grateful that she had the clear-eyed vision to know that every teenage pregnancy that goes unaborted will eventually grow up to have a mildly successful recording career. In fact, teenagers make the best parents, and all of them should have babies.

Brandi Swindell of a youth pro-life organization, GenLife, is very supportive of Cannon's work, and offered this chilling admonition to grown-ups: "No one knows what it's like to be open prey in your mother's womb unless you were born after 1973."

What is this? The Hunted?


2 Comments:

Anonymous brother #3116 said...

as someone who must know what it was like to be open prey in your mother's womb, I'd expect you to be more thankful than cynical. ingrate.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

My survival story is a personal one, and I don't like to talk about it.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home