Monday, July 18, 2005

Today Is Saturday's Day After Tomorrow, So, Monday

Everyone does things that they'd rather other people didn't know about. Mistakes. Petty cruelties. LOVERS. We are none of us without our secrets. Even I, Worker #3116, have a few skeletons in the closet, including my newest one, Saturday's viewing of The Day After Tomorrow.

I am weak. I am a bad person.

My favorite thing in TDAT was at the very end when the President of the United States, who used to be the Vice President but then the President got killed by a blizzard, gives his first big address to the people of America about how we triumphantly destroyed weather. Glossing over the millions of people who died and the fact that the Northern Hemisphere is buried under ice, effectively ending Western Civilization, he announces with great joy that Jake Gyllenhaal and Dennis Quaid have survived. Yay! Does he announce this on CNN? No. FOX News? No. Any of the big three major networks? Of course not. THE WEATHER CHANNEL. Ha ha. Ha ha, indeed.

Also, what was up with Jake Gyllenhaal's mom putting her own life in grave danger by waiting in the storm for an ambulance to come save that cancer baby? Like, all these people are dying, and the world as we know it is over, and from now on resources are going to be very scarce, but you've got to save some cancer baby who's not even going to live that long anyway? And where are his parents? Oh, they abandoned him because he was too much trouble, but you want to bring him to Mexico. You are making me so angry, Mrs. Gylenhaal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jason Jones said...

I just screened "The Day After" in my history class to illustrate the Cold War fear surrounding Atom Bombs. Somone told me it was scarier than "The Day After Tomorrow." I wouldn't know. I haven't seen the later.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

Benji: The Hunted was scarier than TDAT. Although, both featured a scene in which the hero is chased by wolves.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home