Friday, August 26, 2005

New New Temporary Gym/Fitness Club

I tried yet another alternate gym yesterday, in another strip mall. It's owned by the same company, but the first one is called "Gym" and this new one is called "Fitness Club" so I'm totally moving up in the world. Classy. Classy #3116. The new one is nicer than the other one. The color scheme is black floors, white walls, and all the detailing and machine-pads are teal. There are more windows, so you get less of a prison-basement work-out vibe. Both gyms have one wrought-iron yard-furniture table w/ chairs. I like to imagine people coming in for coffee, maybe with a good book. But check this: my new new gym has two tanning booths! If I order a twenty-pack of tanning sessions the price comes down to three bucks a tan. Value, yes, but STYLE too.

The fitness club was mostly empty yesterday, but there was one ex-con/deadbeat-dad there in a black tanktop* (all the better to show off his Hiawatha tattoo) who lifted a few weights before stepping into the tanning booth. I'm just saying, ladies...I'm pretty sure he's available. And even if he "isn't," I'm sure he is, if you see what I'm saying.

*The spell-checker tried to replace "tanktop" with "TANSTAAFL." WHAT THE FUCK IS TANSTAAFL?

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Toner said...

Ah, yes...the black tank top. Could it be he went into the tanning booth to lose the farmers tan that accompinied the tank top?
I enjoy the guy who worksout hard...always looking to make sure he is being noticed. Everything from geeks, to meat heads. I of course pay more attention to my paper or the T.V and my head phones. Anything to drown out the sound of music videos that I have heard a billion or so times. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

T.V.?

This is NOT that kind of fitness club.

I think you meant V.D.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tanstaafl is a stupid acronym for there aint no such thing as a free lunch. heinlein, this utopian science fiction author whom i had to read in a class used it in a book(which is not worth your time reading), and now they use it in lots of econ courses. ( like in macro, they talk about how markets are efficient unless the govt interferes.) i've also heard it in stats, when talking about balance between markets/there not being arbitrage. it's a pretty annoying word and why its in the spelling dict is beyond me.

hope that helps.

p.s. you will be happy to hear that blogger requires me to type a word verification so no more automated posts!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous brother #3116 said...

perhaps you're spellchecker is set to "afrikaans."

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home