Friday, September 16, 2005

Likes/Dislikes

One Thing I Liked from Last Night:

When my President gave his creepy speech from an abandoned militarized evacuation zone. Why can't my President ever say anything, no matter how serious, without cracking a little grin? Anyhow, the highlight of the speech was when he said that the tragedy brought attention to the grave problem of poverty, a problem we can no longer ignore. He insisted that when New Orleans was rebuilt, more people who were renting should be able to own their own homes, and the businesses in low-income areas should be owned by people from those areas. See, poor people, why don't you just buy your house and start a business? Then you won't be poor anymore. PROBLEM SOLVED.

One Thing I Did Not Like from Last Night:

The dream where this ugly lady tried to give me a bj in a handicapped bathroom stall at the Louvre while her boyfriend looked on excitedly and Deadbeat Père and Mami #3116 waited out in the marbled hallway. I was just going to let her go ahead and do it, but her boyfriend looked really manic, like maybe he was on meth, and he did NOT seem content just to watch, he wanted in on some action. Oh, and for some reason the Louvre was in a shopping mall. Expect to see some interpretation of this scene in As Bad as It Gets.

One Thing I Liked from Last Night:

We started watching Driller Killer and it was just unbearable. But I did like the part right at the beginning when a young Abel Ferrara sits next to this old man in a church and the old man grabbed his hand and weird Vincent-Gallo-freak-out jazz was playing and Ferrara loses his shit and runs out of the church, grabbing his girlfriend on the way. They get into a cab and she's like "What happened in there? Why did you get so upset?" and he irritably responds, "That old guy grabbed my fucking hand, that's what happened." Then, in a very soft, almost sad voice, he says, "He touched my hand." A few minutes later he gets mad about a bunch of long-distance phone-calls and throws his phone out the window. I think that's what ends up turning him Killer, the extortionary prices of long-distance calling.

One Thing I Did Not Like from Last Night:

Another dream in which Deadbeat Père sent me a jovial text message about his heroin addiction. If you know anything about Deadbeat Père, you know that if he ever does decide to throw it all away on the Horse, I will eventually find out through some late-night SMS sent from a shooting gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home