Friday, September 02, 2005

Out-of-Office Reply

I will be out of the office until Tuesday, 9/6. If you need immediate assistance please contact your mom.

I wasn't going to write anything today, babies, but I stumbled upon this:

"In a letter to me this week from the Collins Correctional Facility, Lindsay Lohan's estranged dad wrote out lyrics to his new tune - which he calls "a song in response" to Linsday's still-unreleased number titled "Confessions of a Broken Heart" or "Daughter to Father."

I've given my all and done the time/Then only been slighted, that's the crime!
My dear my dear what will it take/For you to tell the truth, for goodness sake!

I loved and protected you, I was THERE through it all./I do admit, I did at times fall.
But these things you know were due to "THEM"/The ones that want to have a piece of my gem!

My love, my life, my family to me/May be nothing to them, but surely you'll see.
That the time will come when the truth comes out./All on its own, I have no doubt.

I may have been wrong for 'running away'/From problems with Mom, I didn't say.
It could have been different, I know that now/I wish I could change it, just tell me how.

To all of you now, I tell you this/A message I spoke, that you seemed to miss!
A family comes first, forever a day!/You don't run or hide, or push them away.

A final thought before I sleep./ It's one I pray, you'll remember and keep
I loved you then and I love you now/No matter what is done, we'll get through this somehow!!"


The author scrawled in an aside: "I'm still working on a chorus!!!"
(New York Daily News)

What is it about deadbeat dads and poetry? Seriously, only the deadest beats write this crap. Like the time Deadbeat Père handed me a fluorescent green sheet of pharmaceutical-promoting stationery with the somber explanation of "This is how I really feel, which I could never say to you," and it had some poem on it. What was that? And, McCullen, you're going to have to help me out, but what was that birthday poem that McCullen Sr. sent you? Wasn't it about the moon or something? That was your birthday present, a poem about the moon.

It's only a matter of time before one of our dads ends up in jail and decides to try putting this shit to music.

1 Comments:

Blogger CosmicMojo said...

that is why you are both gay, 'cause your dads write poetry

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home