Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pandora Box

Classic Crazy, whose calls go unanswered, called again this morning at 8:30. She called last night. She called yesterday morning at 8:15. She called four times on Labour Day. WOMEN: Do not love me, it will drive you mad.

Keeping with the theme of adolescent diary: FOX's hit drama, The O.C. finally had a satisfying twist last night. It also had two of the kinds of details that drive me crazy on this show. Dear writers of FOX's hit drama The O.C., I appreciate what you are doing, but sometimes a modest gesture towards reality would be very welcome, if not in the plotlines then at least in the minutiae of pop culture references. Here is what I mean:

1. Never in the history of high school dances, particularly high school dances at prestigious private schools for rich kids, has a song by The Faint been heard.

2. Ryan Atwood would NOT leave a dance early to go catch up on his reading of Shirley Hazzard's The Great Fire, mainly because Ryan Atwood would NOT be reading The Great Fire in the first place.

Ending on the theme of adolescent diary: do you think the new girl thinks I'm cute?

2 Comments:

Anonymous SoLongSeattle said...

This woman loves you, but not to the madness. Well...I could post this four more times today, oops, can't...I'm quitting my desk job. No more Corp Casj for me, wahhh. It was so great loving you CC, I can't thank you enough for the good times, the pizza, and your cut and paste photo art, and more pizza. Seriously thanks for rockin me Casj-boy. Until my next hideously boring desk job (which will be never)...much love, your number 1 Seattle fan.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

Byeeeee. Okay...okay byeee. Yeah, b--byee. Byeee.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home