Monday, September 19, 2005

Television is the Dumb

The Emmys were on last night. I did not watch them, but I did see the announcement of a nomination for Best Guy on TV, with the music and the clapping and the fancy dissolves. This is funny and makes me laugh. My favorite was the guy in the wheelchair yelling at someone in an office. What kind of garbage is this? It is hard to imagine, but it must have happened, that someone in a tuxedo leaned over to their date and said "Oh, that was such a powerful performance," and their date was like, "I know, totally. I saw it on TV!"

Good job, actor! You have come a long way since that car insurance commercial. Now you are the guy right before the car insurance commercial!

McCullen and I decided that it might be fun to go to an Awards ceremony once, like the Academy Awards, but that the Emmys would be lame. "There aren't even really any celebrities," McCullen said. "I know," I said, "there's just Ray Romano, Ellen Degeneres, and Oprah." "Maybe," McCullen said, "Oprah might have had something better to do." That was when we saw William Shatner get nominated for Best Actor in a Drama, with a clip of him alongside Freddie Prinze Jr. HA HA HA. Television is the dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home