Monday, October 24, 2005

Fuck the Beat, I Go A Capella/Fuck a Papa Doc/Fuck a Clock/Fuck a Trailer/Fuck Everybody/Fuck Y'all if You Doubt Me

Friday night was frighteningly indicative of what life has become. Lots of sitting around waiting to see if the three people still left around here were willing to put down the pipe and come out to the bar. Someone's dog ate some weed. Someone else wanted to drink wine and watch The Notebook or something. I don't know. I just remember it being about midnight when McCullen and I left to meet one? Two people at a new bar that basically had a wedding band playing Cheap Trick and Stevie Wonder covers. The bouncer tried to talk to me about his pursuit of the fine arts. Miller Lite cost me about five bucks, and lots of people looked like they were recapturing the best night of their lives: prom.

Then, later, when we went to Smoke Bomb, we lost at all of the picture finders, even the nudies with hot babes, and McCullen wanted to play "Sexy Phrazemaster" or something, and we lost at that, and then he wanted to play "Erotic Trivia King" or something, and we lost at that. How am I supposed to know what the first erotic film ever to star Emilio Von Cleese was called?

What happened, though, was that we snuck upstairs to 8 Mile where there was a black person's concert going on. Well, stage was black. Floor was mostly white. They only got to play, like, two more songs because it was 2 AM, but it was very exciting. It made me regret all the time I have wasted at shitty indie rock concerts. If you're having trouble really getting the gist of what I'm saying, I've got two words for you: Stephen Malkmus. Although the crowd was small, they were VERY jazzed for what was happening to them. It was all:

Matter fact, dawg, here's a pencil
Go home, write some shit, make it suspenseful,
And don't come back until something dope hits you
F**k it! You can take the mic home with you!
Blahbity bloo blah blah blahbity bloo blah!

1 Comments:

Anonymous mccullen said...

incidentally, my research reveals that Rocco Siffredi's first film was entitled "Dance Fire."

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home