Friday, October 21, 2005

A Racist Rivers Runs Through It

CAUSTIC comic Joan Rivers exploded at a British pundit who accused her of being a racist on live BBC radio. Trinidad-born social commentator Darcus Howe opined that "black offends Joan" after Rivers declared she was "bored with race" during a heated discussion on the Radio 4 program Wednesday. "Don't you dare call me a racist!" Rivers cried. "Son of a bitch!" Howe later retracted his remark, but Rivers' feathers remain ruffled. "I don't know what the hell this wacko was talking about," she told PAGE SIX. "In my youth I slept with everybody. It's a miracle that [my daughter] Melissa is white."
(New York Post)

Note to Joan Rivers: When defending yourself against being labeled a racist, do not refer to whiteness (daughter's or otherwise) as "a miracle."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the exchange. I think it's still available on the BBC website. Darcus Howe didn't do himself any favors as spokes-person for blacks. JR might have chosen the word 'marvel'. There is no saintliness implied in her choice of words.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

Your comment is worded strangely.

How do I know you're really who you won't say you are?

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home