Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Strange Story=Story About How I Am Fat, Lazy, and Stupid

I always try and give http://www.amazon.com reviewers the benefit of the doubt. They're not professional writers, just everyday people like you and me, trying to share their opinions with people who want to get beyond the HYPE.

But seriously...

A great show for anyone, July 6, 2005

Reviewer: Kevin W "pacers721" (Oak Park, IL USA)

How I started watching 24 is a strange story.

SPOILER: THIS STORY IS ABOUT TO GET REALLY STRANGE!

In its first 3 seasons, I always knew of it, but never watched it. After watching a few (probably 3) minutes of the first season, I wasn't impressed and for no reason decided never to watch the show. It's pretty obvious that I never gave it a chance (and somehow people do this all the time). So years later when Season 4 premiered, I happened to be in my room on my computer with the TV on fox (only because Seinfeld just went off). I can honestly say the only reason I didn't change the channel, or simply turn the TV off was because I couldn't bear the 10 ft walk without my remote. As the show progressed, I found my self more and more engrossed till the point where I couldn't walk away for the next two hours. As the show ended, I was shocked to find how entertaining it was. Like most people, the most thrilling show I had seen till then was Law & Order (no offense). I soon went to Amazon to find that the first season was available for 25$ and I quickly purchased it. Thinking back, that was most definitely the best investment I've ever made in a DVD. 25$ for 18+ hrs of sheer entertainment, there's no doubt. I was able to buy and watch the first 3 seasons in less than two weeks, sad to some but fun for me.

WEIRD! WHAT A COMPELLING AND ORIGINAL CULTURAL CRITIQUE. POOR A.O. SCOTT, READING THIS PROBABLY REMINDS HIM OF HIS YOUNGER SELF, BACK WHEN HE STILL HAD FIRE IN THE BELLY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home