Friday, November 11, 2005

Kiss My Starfield Road

I heard that new Franz Ferdinand song, "Do You Want To," yesterday, and I was sort of stuck on the chorus:

Oh well do you, do you do you want to?
Oh well do you, do you do you want to, want to go
Where I've never let you before?
Oh well do you, do you do you want to?
Oh well do you, do you do you want to, want to go
Where I've never let you before?


The butt? He's talking about the butt, right?

ANOTHER CLUE!:

Well he's a friend and he's so proud of you
He's a friend and I knew him before you, oh yeah
Well he's a friend and he's so proud of you
You're famous friend well I blew him before you, oh yeah


Franz Ferdinand is gay with Bobby.

I remember when Thorsonglitterstar would always get really excited to tell me that Sonic Youth's "Starfield Road" was about doing it in the butt. And with lyrics like "bend down round this garbage can," "but where is the shame?," and "aah your butt cheeks can't stay," I'm pretty convinced she's right. But as with everything they do, Sonic Youth manages to make even butt-time super pretentious, overwrought, and BOOORINGGGGG. I wonder how old their grandkids are?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jason Jones said...

I think you've hit it, CC. This following that "Michael" song on their last record--it's all too much. What I really hate is how they make gay sex sound so edgy. Why is it that it's okay and edgy for straight people to have gay sex, but it makes gay people dirty and a threat to civilization?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

Because straight gay-sex is "ironic," it's like the trucker hat of sex.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, it's obviously wrong for society to not embrace songs about gay sex by gay people. to say that this precludes straight people from writing lyrics about bisexual/gay experiences is pretty extreme.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

1. I think you mean X-TREME.
2. What are you talking about?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home