Tuesday, November 22, 2005

O' to Be Turkey for a Day

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush has pardoned two Thanksgiving turkeys, and they are headed for Disneyland.

Marshmallow and its backup, Yam, are being shipped to Disneyland in California, where Marshmallow will serve as grand marshall of the annual holiday parade.

The 35-pound Marshmallow was raised on a farm in Henning, Minn. Bush says the bird's probably going to feel pretty good "strutting around sunny California."
(New York Times)



You can see the boy-what-I-wouldn't-give-to-spend-one-day-in-the-life-of-a-turkey look in his eyes! In his head my President is all, "Just sittin' around sunny California all day, eatin'...whatever turkeys eat...now that's what I call good livin'! Goddamn I wish I was a danged turkey."

And while we're at it: GRAND MARSHALL???? I was always under the impression that the grand marshall of a parade was a position of honor, but apparently it is a position of dinner.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Thanks worker3116.

Because of your blog--

Because I read your blog---

Because I spent the entire workday reading your blog----

Because I printed out your blog (like a gazillion pages) on the work printer; then failed to restock the decimated reams; then spent all day at my desk reading your blog-----

[pithy joke about being fired because of this and thus becoming your archnemesis worker0] - removed due to lack of humor

Definite best blog in the whole wide world (excluding China). Anyway, hope the SadlyNo boys bring you some bidness.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Worker #3116 said...

Thanks, Paul, but it's a DIARY.

Please revise your comment.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Tom D. said...

Lets see...Eaten in ceremonial November ritual, or becoming part of the Disney-Machine for a day.

Decided.

Eat me.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home