Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Anarchival

One of the biggest problems so far with the new diary is that I haven't figured out how to transfer all the old archived stuff from blogger. So that got me thinking about those apocryphal stories you hear of writers who burn the only copy of their treasured manuscript to try and get a fresh start. So I imagined pouring a stiff drink and throwing my computer onto a fire. But then I realized it would have to be my work computer. And I think I'd get in trouble for drinking on the job.

Boss: What the f?
Worker #3116: CLEAN SLATE!
Boss: How will you do your work?
Worker #3116: THE PAST IS AN ILLUSION!
Boss: Put out that fire!
Worker #3116: Why? Are you afraid of what the burning may reveal?
Boss: What are you talking about?
Worker #3116: THE TRUTH!
Boss: You're fired.
Worker #3116: YOU'RE FIRED!

Hopefully I'll be able to get those archives up here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home